In my drafts, I have a really good post about decluttering. Of course you're see it eventually, but writing it got me thinking. Most posts about tidying and decluttering assume that you've got a decent block of time to dedicate to the task you're hoping to tackle. But when you're a super busy person, there isn't always a load of time to spare. So you end up doing nothing at all.
Around this time, I tend to declutter. Ministers move every so often and we've always moved around the same time. As a result, my internal voice is telling me that now is the time to tidy. As it's quite busy at the moment, I've been picking one thing I can do each day. It might seem a small thing on it's own, but each time I do one small thing, it adds up to a much bigger thing. And gets the job done.
Here are some ideas:
- Go though your underwear drawer, take everything out, fold and tidy it and chuck out anything that's tatty or you don't wear.
- Shred outdated / unwanted paperwork.
- Recycle junk mail.
- Tidy the airing cupboard by taking the bath towels, bedding and tea towels out, fold it and put it back neatly. Throw out anything you don't use or is manky.
- Clean the oven. Including the inside.
- Wash down the front of the kitchen units.
- Do a stocktake of the kitchen cupboards and freezer so you know what's in it. (Curse yourself for not labelling the bags properly. Or is that just me?)
- Clean out your handbag. (Could also be turned into a blog post!)
- File important documents and receipts.
- Donate unwanted or unread books to charity. (Unwanted books?! Is there really such a thing?!)
- Tidy a wardrobe. Give away any items you no longer wear.
- Clean the light switches, including the bit around them.
- Clean all the door handles, including the bit around them.
- Clear out storage and empty drawers and put away the contents neatly. (Including the top of the wardrobe Mrs Tubbs!)
- Throw away expired beauty products.
- Clean beauty tools.
- Declutter rooms.
- Donate, recycle and throw away unwanted items from the room decluttering.
- Clean and tidy your email inbox.
- Organise files and folders.
- Back things up.
- Clean out your wardrobe.
- Organise the wardrobe contents.
What's the one more thing that would make a difference to you? (And why Columbo? Well, "Just one more thing ..." was his catchphrase!)
Sharing with all these great Linkys