- The end of the consultation process. At the end of March, work announced that my team was reducing from two to one. The formal consultation process ended yesterday and we're moving onto the next stage. Soon I'll know if I have a job where I'm at now or an unscheduled holiday, followed by contract work somewhere else for three months. (Provided I pass the background check). While I'd like to stay, I am so weary of it all now and just want it done so I can move on wherever. There is no winner, winner let alone a chicken dinner. If I have a job, my friend doesn't. If my friend has a job, I don't.
- Good weather. Hopefully there will be sun. I love warm sunny days where you can feel the sun on your face, go out without a jacket, slip some sandals on. and wear clothes that are made of linen rather than wool or cord. Everything feels fresher and cleaner. Then there's the smell of mown grass and the ability to sit outside whilst having a drink at a country pub.
- Summer clothes. Talking about sandals reminds me that I have a whole summer wardrobe lurking under the bed. Hopefully it all still fits!
- Light! Long evenings with lots of light. Nicer to travel to and from home in, easier to take blog photos ...
- Holidays. Our summer adventure is booked and paid for. I'll tell you all about it when we're done, but I'm so excited. It's going to be great fun! Holidays also mean that school breaks up! The Tubblet will have completed her first year at secondary school. She seems to have settled in well, made new friends but is ready for a break. Before it all starts again in September ...
- Food! Putting the slow cooker away and enjoying BBQs and salads. Ice-cream is a major food group, right?! My desire to eat all the ice-cream, in all the nice flavours, may conflict with some of my other summer related plans.
- Getting summer ready. Like nature with the arrival of swallows, the blogosphere signals summer is coming with a bunch of posts about getting beach body ready and recommendations for beauty products to help you look amazing all summer. Basically, all you need is SPF, some fake tanner if that's your thing, some nice body scrub and a moisturiser. And, as your toes and legs will also be exposed to day light for the first time in months, you may need a shaver and some nail polish. As posts about getting summer ready tend to be written by people who don't have small people in their lives, they assume that you'll have all the time in the world for pampering. But, as Pink Pear Bear shows in her post, Sun's Out, Mum's Out, the summer mum dances and gets ready to the beat of a different drum. A very fast drum.
What are you looking forward to this summer?
Sharing with all these great Linkys