I thought it would be nice to share some ideas for fun things to try for the first time. I wanted to think of cheaper ways to have fun as I want to be careful with money whilst still creating brilliant memories. If you're reading this in the morning of the bank holiday, there might be some good ideas here you can steal:
- Being a tourist in your own town or city or visit somewhere you've never visited before.
- Try something you've never done. A sport, a craft or a ... Or maybe volunteer for a charity.
- Grow something. (Whilst I'd normally try something I'm suggesting, I am Plant Death, so won't be doing that! But you might want to try it! Hopefully you'll be more successful than me).
- Create a book list and work your way through it.
- Go for a wander around some stately homes when the National Trust has one of its get in free days. Or go to an art gallery.
- Visit an old friend you haven't seen for a bit.
- Create your own art by getting some photos printed and putting them up on your wall. Or turn the photos into a scrapbook.
[Disclosure: This post was done in collaboration with Personal Capital. They want people to know that having a good time doesn't need to be super expensive and Money Management is really important.. All views are my own and I received no compensation in exchange for this post].
Sharing with all these great Linkys