I'm now looking at my (hideously over ambitious) list of goals for 2016 and refocusing. For all of them there have been some steps forward, a few steps back and the overall message - Doing okay, but must try harder. Next year, simpler goals!
But this is alright as failing, relearning, reworking and trying again is all part of the process. The important thing is the keeping at it. At least the CV had been done. I needed that sooner than I hoped.
Here are some things that are helping me try that little bit harder:
- Small manageable goals. This was an epic fail. I'm looking at how the big goals I've set myself can be broken down into smaller ones that are easier to achieve and less daunting. Next year, I'm going to be a lot more realistic about what I aim to do.
- Being Intentional. Instead of waiting for things to happen and going with the flow, I try and change my actions and behaviours. Sometimes more successfully than others!
- Get organised. I write down what I have to do, and when, so I keep on top of most things. Find a system that works for you and stick to it - it makes all the difference!
- Do the work. As the song says, a grand don't come for free. If you want something, you have to work for it.
- Celebrate every victory - however big or small! Helps keep you motivated, shows how you're progressing, how much you've achieved so far as well as what's left to do.
How are you doing with your New Year Resolutions / Goals? I'll share how I'm doing with the blogging goals next week. Whatever you're doing today, have a good one!
Sharing with all these great Linkys