Littered around this blog are numerous pictures of coffee. With or without cake. I'm slightly amazed that I have never written a post about how much I love the stuff. It's the go-go juice that helps me function.
|Like this. You can buy the t-shirt!|
I love coffee because ...
- It wakes me up and helps me keep going throughout the day.
- Making a cup of coffee is a little piece of me time. Whilst waiting for the kettle to boil and the coffee to fester, I can have a little time out from whatever else is going on.
- Whatever the occasion, it can be combined with coffee. To celebrate. To commiserate. Just because.
- Hot coffee when it's cold. Iced coffee when it's warm. You can add flavours to it as well. Vanilla latte?! Yum!
- It's something to do. Particularly when bored.
- It's great to share a coffee and a chin-wag with someone. With or without cake.
- Coffee is photogenic. It just looks so pretty.
- Freshly brewed coffee smells wonderful.
Unless it's after 4pm. In which case, I'll have a tea. I need the sleep and coffee too late in the day keeps me awake.
My love of coffee is one of the reasons I'm supporting Oxfam's Bloggers Against Poverty Campaign.
Oxfam is working in Honduras where coffee rust, a crop-destroying fungus, is spreading faster and further due to climate change. Destroyed coffee plants means less coffee beans to pick. Less coffee beans to pick means less work for the coffee farmers and their workers. Less work means less money for essentials like food for the farmers, the workers and their families.
Oxfam is helping people affected replant and maintain their new coffee crops using sustainable, farming methods. Better for the environment, the community and helping keep farmers farming and their families fed.
If you would like to support this work, please donate.
Sharing with all these great Linkys
[Disclosure: This post was written by me, in collaboration with Oxfam. I also donated a week's coffee money].