What again?! Yes, again. Even though I don't buy that much, I'm convinced it breeds when my back is turned. It looks untidy and messy before I know it. It was also a particularly good Christmas beauty product wise. I got some lovely Soap & Glory bath sets, some perfume and other bits. As well as a Doctor Who Lego set I needed to create some room on the dressing table for ... Yes I built it all by myself! With some help from the Tubblet and Rev T. It's fabulous and I love it!
The first thing I did was gather everything together. Anything empty, out of date or weird smelling got thrown away. The rest was sorted into things I wanted to keep or pass on.
- Be realistic. There is only so much you can use at a time. Anything that's not been touched in 6 months is unlikely to be used again. If you have 5 very similar things, keep your favourite and lose the rest.
- Organise. I keep products in a wooden fruit bowl and mugs. These got a good clean. I put a few things away to make things easier to find and less cluttered. I'll rotate items so everything gets used and nothing forgotten.
- Is it any good?! If a product isn't very good, then re-purpose. For example, that meh face-cream may work as body lotion.
- Does it suit you? It may look lovely in the shop or on your friend, but not on you. It may not be suitable for the life you're leading. Get rid of it. I gave up buying red lipstick when I decided most of them made me look scary. I tossed the gel eyeliners because I am too shorted sighted to get them on fleck. Ever.
- Only buying new items when the old ones are completely used up. A beauty, skincare and body-care spending ban! Post to follow at some point.
- Switch round the eye palettes each week so they all get a turn.
- Wear a different lipstick each day.
- Throw out mascara after 6 months.
- Stick to tried and tested favourites so there's less mistakes / waste.
- Cruelty free where possible.
- Once I'm buying new stuff again, buy to replace.
[Disclosure: I bought this. All of this. Apart from the aftershave which belongs to Rev T. And I built the Lego all by myself! Under supervision from Rev T and the Tubblet]
Sharing with all these great Linkys