Just before Christmas, Furniture@Work asked office based bloggers to share work related New Year's Resolutions. Mine was "To make sure I take a proper lunch break".
As I usually take a lunch in from home, it's easy not to move that far from my desk. This year, I intend to go out for a walk around the block and some fresh air each lunch time. If I take the stairs, I can achieve two resolutions at once. Win! (My other 2016 goals have been shared already).
As well as getting some fresh air and exercise, here are some other things I could do at lunch-time:
- Browse. Although I've been staring at the screen all day, I could a bit of work on Someplace Strange, catch-up on my blog reading and commenting or other social media. Or even check out the side-bar of shame! I could also do some online shopping, but that would wreak another resolution so I'm stepping away from Amazon!
- Catch up on office gossip. There's always something going on to talk about, but at the moment most people are speculating about what the "organisational redesign" will bring. As no one knows anything and there's nothing any of us about it anyway, I'm trying to keep away from those conversations. They're just not helpful.
- Look in the mirror. To check that I don't have lunch between my teeth, Stan Laurel hair or to reapply some lipstick.
- Hide in plain sight. Grab a little me time and tidy the papers, do the post or go to the printer.
- Watch the time. Only 4 or 5 hours to home time!
What do you do on your work breaks?
[Disclosure: This post contains an Infographic from Furniture@Work. You can read my disclosure policy here]
Sharing with all these great Linkys