Every so often I wonder where I want to take Someplace Strange, my beautiful space, in the future. After the fantasy of being the 50 something Zoella passes - thankfully very quickly! - here's what I'm left with:
- Content. Continue sharing posts on family, food, politics, fashion, beauty, books, religion, life, the universe and everything. Hopefully helpful, well written ones with excellent photos. I'd also like to come with and develop some new content ideas. (Suggestions welcome!). I want to be intentional about this and be the best blogger I can be.
- Interact. I'm so chuffed when people take the time to comment as I know everyone is busy. I love replying and building relationships with other bloggers by making a return visit. I'll maintain that in 2016. I'm not so good at emailing, tweeting or chatting with other bloggers. (Rev T will tell you I'm pretty rubbish at chit chat generally). I'm going to try and be better at this in 2016. I'm going to BML2016 and don't want to be that blogger hiding in the corner, not knowing anyone.
- Design Refresh. Maybe tweak the pages or the colour palette ...
- Photos. I'd like to take more - so I've got my own stock library - and better ones.
- Comment. Comment more on people's posts or, if I don't have time, tweet them to say how much I enjoyed what I read.
- Share. Share that great post that someone else wrote on social media.
- Click. Click on ads and affiliate links to help my fellow bloggers earn a few pennies. It all adds up.
- Recommend. There are so many great blogs out there, it's rude not to share them!
- Not Going Pro. Whilst some people want to be full-time, professional bloggers, I don't. I like knowing how much I have to live on each month and where it's going to come from. I like working in an office (mostly!) and doing research. I like having things that aren't just about me and my blog. But if you want to go pro, then that's okay. Good luck and please come back guest post for me when you're famous!