Often, it's the small things in life that make you feel better or bring joy. It's good to try and not take what you have for granted. Or be so focused on something else, you forget the good things right in front of you.
I'm trying to make my own joy. Joybaloos are hard to come by. A joybaloo is a creature that brings adventure and joy. Their laughter is full of paper roses and they bounce to the top of the sky. You have to be careful though, overuse wears the joybaloo out and it has to sleep until it's recovered.
Here are some small joys from this last Summer:
- It's still daylight past 8pm.
- Waiting for the train or the bus in the sunshine.
- The smell of newly washed clothes.
- Chopping things. (I'm hopeless, but I like doing it!)
- Rev T getting an unexpected evening in.
- Evening walks.
- Still two scoops left in the box of cereal.
- Flowers in the garden.
- Post that isn't bills.
- A tidy desk.
- A phone call from a good mate.
- An unspoken race with a person walking in the same direction as you. And you win.
- The Tubblet announcing she wants to be with me.
- A freshly made bed.
- Going shopping and finding the thing you wanted or something you really like is reduced.
- Using something up.
- Festivals on the TV. Great bands can be watched from the safety of the living room. (With access to a toilet that isn't a bio-hazard).
- A new book.
- Blogging and having my little space on the Internet.
- A free coffee from your local Pret.
- When people take the time to tweet, email or comment.
- Getting summer clothes out of storage. And they still fit.
- Looking at the bank statement or balance at an ATM and not wanting to cover your eyes. (When there's more money than month!)
- Being able to eat dinner outside.
- Hanging out with the extended family.
- An article of clothing you've wanted ages is reduced. And there are still some in your size.
- Getting all the things done that have to be done so there was is time to do some of the things you'd like too.
- Having time for a proper lunch break, away from your desk.
- The return of your favourite TV show.
- Someone smiles at you or says thank you.
- Your favourite TV show has ended, but the end of season episode is amazing. And it's already been renewed.
- Getting a seat on the train.
- Getting home after a long day.
What are your small joys? Hope you're enjoying the Bank Holiday and doing something fun.
Sharing with all these great Linkys