In this post, I mentioned that I was going to have get up in a minute to find out what Rev T and the Tubblet had planned for My Very Big Birthday. Here's what they got up to:
- After being told to dress up and forbidden jeans (!), Rev T gave me a note with my instructions for the first part of my day. Take a bus from our house into the city and go to Wilco. Once there, look for a message. The message was a red rose with a label, tied to lamp-post with purple ribbon. (Purple was the colour of my wedding dress).
- The trail of red roses took me to Caffe Nero, where I met Rev T for coffee. He then handed me another note with a voucher for a massage at Champneys. Bliss!
- After the massage I followed yet more red roses to Thompson at Darcy's. I've always wanted to go, but it's not Tubblet friendly and too expensive for our usual, occasional childless nights out. It was wonderful and total treat. Rev T had the brill and I had the sea bass with sides of vegetables and roast potatoes. And pudding. I had the white chocolate parfait with honey comb whilst Rev T had sticky toffee pudding with peanut butter custard. It was a bit like being tossed in the middle of a MasterChef final and told to get on with eating.
- Rev Tubbs' Trail of Treats had finished, so we went for a walk and waited for the Tubblet to finish school.
- We then went home, opened my presents and had pizza. (Back to normal after fine dinning).
- There were 15 red roses in total. One for every year we've been married.
My present was a pendant from Rachel Jeffrey, a contemporary jewellers who has a shop locally. It's called the Sea Bean. And I love it!
Thank you to Rev T and the Tubblet for making my day so special. What's the loveliest thing anyone has done for you? Let me know in the comments.
Rev T would like to apologise to all the husbands and partners who are being moaned at as a result of this post ...
Sharing with all these great Linkys