Inspired by a post on The Private Life of a Girl, here is a list of things I don't like that everyone else does. And a list of things where I’m one of the everyone.
I totally don't get:
- Game of Thrones. I love SF and fantasy, but I don't understand! It’s just soft porn in wimples with great fight scenes.
- High heeled shoes. There's no point in shoes that hurt your feet or you can’t walk in. (This from a Doc Martin wearer!)
- Too tight anything / Body-Con. Buy the bigger size! It’s not comfortable or flattering.
- Dark chocolate. Bitter. Your mouth will do the cat's bum face thing.
- Gin. What evil tastes like. Unless it has raspberries in it.
- Oranges. Not the only fruit, thank goodness. Also not good as a look for the face or body.
Here are some things where I'm part of the herd:
- Coffee. It's a major food group! Best shared in a coffee shop, along with cake and someone you love. Also useful for jump starting the working day.
- Who. Classic or re-boot. It's what Saturday nights and the back of the sofa was made for.
- Hydraluron. No, I don't understand the science behind it either, but my skin looks better. Please do not discontinue this product. Ever.
- Doc Martins. The cockroach of shoes. The ones I wore through university have only just fallen apart, necessitating a repurchase. New ones come in a narrower width for ladies and colours. Colours including purple! They even make extra thick Doc Socs to help you work through the pain of breaking them in. This may prove that the youth of today do a) have it easier and b) are more wimpy. We just wore hiking socks, walked through the pain and covered our blisters with plasters! Yes, of course I bought Doc Socs!
- Apple. Beautiful, shiny gadgets. Although, given the price point being currently quoted for a new phone, my love may yet be fickle!
- Richard Armitage. I'm a bit old for fan-girling, but what the heck?!
Thanks to everyone who's read and commenting! I'm so pleased to discover the page views aren't just me! Hope everyone is well.