At the moment, the blogosphere is full of examples of goals as it’s the start of the New Year!
Last weekend would have been mum's birthday. One thing that the last year has taught me is that you never know what's going to happen next. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and hope you don't tread in anything!
Here's what I'd like to achieve this year:
- Spend as much time having fun with, and enjoying, my family / friends.
- Try new things - I might like them! Keep doing the old things that I enjoy - hopefully better!
- Be a good friend, help others and love my neighbour (as myself).
- Remain gainfully employed and do the best I can in the 9 to 5.
- The figure on the credit card is a limit, not a target. Keep within the means and find ways to stretch those pennies further.
- Read at least 4 books a month. One of which should be non-fiction.
- Eat less and move more. Use the exercise bike for it's intended purpose rather than a laundry rack. (It's a good laundry rack though!)
What comes out is based on what goes in. Hopefully, if I achieve my goals, I might just manage the sign below. (Sometimes).
Romans 12 v 11-12 (CEV):
"Never give up. Eagerly follow the Holy Spirit and serve the Lord. Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying".
Philippians 4 v 8 (CEV):
"... keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don’t ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise".